This year has been challenging for so many on so many levels. Gas and energy prices food costs and supply shortages, inflation at an all time high since the 1980’s, people close to retiring or retired on fixed incomes losing monthly income on their nest egg. The ‘Golden Years’ are becoming the grueling years!
The list is endless. Worrying divides your mind and distracts you. It can even destroy your health in several aspects such as physically, mentally, and even spiritually. To stress out daily over all these things can eventually kill you!
Friends we are not guaranteed tomorrow are we? The government is not our answer but God is. Remember, Jesus himself did not have a place to lay his head to sleep at times. There were no “my pillows” back then. Elijah the prophet was fed by ravens 1 Kings 17. The widow with a jar of oil had no money to pay her debts on the verge of losing her home, yet she trusted God and provided for her.
Maybe you have lived this far in life with food on the table everyday. Have had job security for years or traveled where you wanted to hitting your “bucket list”. For so many they live pay check to paycheck and getting deeper into debt using more than one credit card or taking out a home equity loan.
Yes life does throw us curve balls, but how we going to respond?
- Lifestyle adjustments is one way. Cutting back.
- Helping others in need. Share some of your wealth rather than hoard it for yourself or family. “Us four and no more”!
3. Trust God. Seek the Lord and pray. “But seek ye first the kingdom of God”. Matthew 6:33
” Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding” Proverbs 3:5
- Learn to be content and share. Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Even so, you have done well to share with me in my present difficulty.”
- Listen to the Lord’s voice not the medias voice. God is in control so allow the Lord to take control and stop worrying and stressing out. Put your faith in God! “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow…. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.
Matthew 6:24-34 NLT
My friend pray and believe that God will make a way when their seems to be no way out. He is our hope. So let it go and give all your worries to Jesus today and go enjoy your day.