When God created heaven, earth, the oceans, sky, mountains, lakes, fish, animals, birds, and human beings male and female, He said it was not just good but ‘very good’.
God doesn’t prove He existed
because He was before creation. “In the beginning God created”… No the ‘big inning’ is not about baseball, but a demonstration of His love and care for us and His creation here on earth and the galaxies.
God gives good things to us and for us for His good pleasure. He delights in blessing us just like any loving parent would want the best for their children.
“It is God to will and to do for His good pleasure” Phil. 2:13
You may be or have been going through difficult times and have a hard time believing God has your back and wants what is best for you.
Well, He does and not just in the good times, but the worst times as well.
As this Spring season begins to pop and blossom with all of its creative beauty; look around and look up and be grateful for new beginnings because our Creator wants us to enjoy His creation. This week is a time to reflect on the victories and promises God has for your life. When Jesus was nailed to the cross and suffered a brutal death, but remember. God promised that if the temple was destroyed it would be raised in three days. Jesus would be raised to life on the third day! “Jesus said, I am the resurrection and the life” John 11:25 Death has been defeated forever and because Christ lives we can live also in eternity to those who believe.
The resurrection and the Spring are signs of new life, new changes, and new beginnings.
- Be thankful for everything. Things in life happen for a reason and a purpose. Focus on God’s goodness.
- Be proactive. Enjoy the outdoors. Get off your phone and turn off the electronics. (I include myself as well). Talk to each other and listen to one another in person.
- Call somebody. See some friends or relatives and do something fun. Go fishing, hiking, a long walk by the beach or countryside. Get on a bike, have a picnic, draw or paint a landscape,or go for a drive.
- Do something different but let it be outdoors, because you just might like it. More important do it to make someone else’s day or weekend. So what if it cost a few bucks to enjoy life and God’s creation.
- Enjoying the outdoors and God’s creation will get your mind off the cares and worries of this life. Your mind and strength will be renewed. It doesn’t always have to be a spiritual thing to find rest and renewal.
- Give somebody a big sincere hug because they need it. Embrace each other with touch and feelings goes a long way. You don’t even have to talk because body language speaks volumes.
- Rejoice and Laugh a lot. Laugh out loud. Cry if you need to, because you need to release it all. There are times that these tears are tears of joy and not grief. Even in your grief ponder on the good memories.
Make the effort to get outdoors even if you feel depressed and are lonely.
I renewed my fishing license this week. I plan on enjoying the little things in life and catching a lot of fish!